Thanks to GB Jayakumar for sharing the questions from the Tata Crucible Campus Quiz at Chennai held on the 19th of March.
1. From where (city) was the first FM radio Service started in India?
2. Which venture started as “Indian Ahoy’ a site which is still used to attract high leisure travelers from overseas? But later it was rechristened to better suit the Indian market.
3. ‘Bada’ is a mobile OS which derives its name from Korean word for Ocean. Which company developed it?
4. Identify the group from its founder. (Options Given: Murugappa / Cholayil)
5. Which company derives its name from the Latin word that translates ‘to bind together’ a name chosen to reflect the integrated nature of services the company offer. (Options Given: Novartis / Religare)
6. ‘Ergo’ was an Indian newspaper published in the Tabloid format & distributed free of cost to IT professionals in Software corridor of Chennai during 2007-09. However it ceased in Aug 2009 from physical format & continued to be published in online format. Which company publishes the Ergo?
7. In 1967, N.Thanu, a political cartoonist founded which institution whose students are in Top notch companies & Institutions?
8. Identify the Group from its head.
9. A brand of ice cream, established by Polish immigrants Reuben and Rose Mattus in the Bronx, New York, in 1961. The name does not derive from any of the North Germanic languages and is simply two made-up words meant to look Scandinavian to American eyes. Which brand?
10. ‘Blyk’ is a mobile messaging media service targeted at the youth. Which cellular operator provides the service in India?
11. ‘Sure’ in UK, ‘Shield’ in SouthAfrica, ‘Reward’ in Nigeria. How do we know it in India?
12. How do we know this now? (Shoe Photo Shown with the name ‘Onitsuka Tiger’)
13. What was unveiled by Steve Ballmer on May 28, 2009 at the “All things digital Conference’ in San Diegeo?
14. Who owns ‘Instone’ nutritional supplements & also editor of the men’s magazine ‘Sly’?
15. Small car manufacturer ‘Daihatsu’ is owned by which company?
16. Identify the Person.
17. Which business house based in Kerala was started by Ninan Mathai & M. George in 1887?
18. Which Malaysia based airliner headed by Tony Fernandes is Asia’s largest low-cost no frills carrier?
19. Founded in 1783 in Geneva & named after its founder who was a jeweler & amateur scientist. He invented the Geneva system for producing pure bottled water through Carbonization. Identify the brand.
20. Which group owns this brand?
6. The Hindu
7. Brilliant Tutorials
8. Murugappa Group (A.Vellayan – Exe. Chairman)
14. Sylvester Stallone
16. Vikram Pandit (Citigroup CEO)
17. Muthoot Group
20. Tata Group