1.What is the inspiration for this logo?
2.Which river is common to the 5 holy prayags?
3. Legend has it that in a place named Sasalam , Aryadevi, a widow fainted on her way to a river. Her helpless son prayed to Krishna who blessed him thus “the river will flow where your little feet marks”. The name of the place was thus renamed. Which place and who was the little child?
4.The Guardian newspaper called him “the Damien Hirst of Delhi” in 2007. Best known for incorporating objects that are ubiquitous throughout India like tiffin boxes , steel plates etc in his art , these paintings are from a series named “Still Steal Steel”. Identify this person who is one of India’s foremost contemporary artists.
5.Which school with the motto Labore Et Constantia ( meaning By Labor and Constancy) is the only school in the world to have been awarded royal battle honors by the British Army for its role in the defense of a city?
6.Literally meaning 'horse's smell', which herb has also been given names like Indian Ginseng and Winter Cherry?
7. The picture is that of a scanner used by narcotics teams in US and by airport authorities to find drugs. The scanners work by detecting the molecular structure of the object they are scanning. Light is scattered in a pattern unique to that particular molecule. Whom are these scanners named after?
8.The person who tweeted this and the blank together form the name of a movie. Name the Movie.
“I hv 2 bear with my flops nd then also wth everyones flops becos whenevr whoevers flop cmes thy invariably cmpre it wth ------------.For tashan thy sd its aditya-------.fr chandni chowk thy sd akshay ----- .fr kites thy sd Hritik ------- nd nw its mani -------.”
9. Who wrote this song and who directed this video?
11.The Japanese invaded this area in World War II and put it under the Arzi Hukumate Azad Hind. Subhas Chandra Bose renamed the area as ‘Shaheed and Swaraj’. Which place are we talking about?
12.In 2009 , the self styled commander-in-chief of the outlawed United Liberation Front of Asom(ULFA) ,Paresh Baruah was sacked by his employer for not attending office for close to three decades. Who was his magnanimous employer?
13.What is obtained when the following percentage of metals are mixed together?
- 4 Portions of Silver
- 1 portion of Gold
- 8 Portions of Brass
- 8 Portions of Copper and a small quantity of iron
14.The picture shows the character of Azazel from the comic book Nephilim created by Danny Wilson. Who was the character modeled on?
15.One of India’s largest National Park gets its name from this monastery. Name the National Park and the endangered feline species that it houses?
16.What were these images shortlisted to represent?
17.Which Indian political party uses the whistle as their election Symbol?
18.In 2000 , this product was sold under three brands, one of which had Tamil Devi Mooligai as part of its name. The CBI Joint Director found that the product did not conform to standards. What was the common name by which this product was known?
19.Known as the small Kashi of India , this city came into limelight in 2008 due to the protégés of an organization co-founded by Captain Hawa Singh. Which city are we talking about?
20.If the Americans have Astronauts and the Russians have Cosmonauts, what do the Indians have?
21.Radiant Info systems a BPO firm in Hyderabad has chosen a very unlikely place for setting up its latest call centre to service clients. Which unusual place have they chosen?
22.Many Photographs of Rashtrapati Bhavan feature a massive sandstone shaft of 145 ft tall, holding a bronze lotus raising a six-pointed crystal star on its top. The column carries an inscription on its base
In thought faith,
In word wisdom,
In deed courage,
In life service,
So may India be great.
What is the name of this column and who conceived the inscription along with Lord Irwin?
23.Created in 1928, this diamond necklace was created by Cartier, had five rows of diamond encrusted platinum chains, and 2,930 diamonds embedded in it, including the world's seventh largest DeBeers diamond. For whom was the necklace made?
24. Jan-Fishan Khan, born Sayyid Muhammed, was a 19th century Afghan warlord who participated in the First Anglo-Afghan War and the subsequent Indian Rebellion of 1857.His descendants ruled over Afghan provinces during the British Raj.
His descendants include a famous Indian actor and an English cricketer. Identify them both
25.Which family derives its name from the profession of their ancestors which was to make and fix palanquins, to be fitted to horse carriages?
26.The picture shows Vamana planting his foot to take hold of all the three worlds. What is this form of Vamana known as ?
27.Gandhi told him to refrain from using big words and write in a simple language and transliterate what the `harijans' say. He rewrote the novel at Gandhi's ashram. Nineteen publishers in London rejected the script, but with E.M. Forster's preface, it was accepted by a publisher.. Identify the Novel that went on to become a classic and the Author
28.Since its inception ,there has been a single distinct winner for ‘Best Supporting Actress’ category in the Star Screen Awards, except in 2008. Who won it in 2008?
29.On 14th November 1980, 8 year old Elaine D Lima stood first in a story telling competition involving about 80 schools in Mumbai. The finals were held at the Birla Sabhagar in Mumbai. What honour was bestowed upon Elaine D Lima for winning this story telling competition?
30.Who is the midget and how is he associated to Indian sports and entertainment?
31.The high officials of the Vishva Bharathi university include the Paridarshaka (Visitor), Acharya (Chancellor). Who are the current Paridarshaka and Acharya in the university?
32.What is the musical instrument played by Rajkumar and who played the original instrument ?
33. Who is the young lady playing the piano?
34.Where was this song shot?
35.Literally meaning “The Splendor of Truth” ,what is the name of the English monthly magazine on Hindu religion published by Sri Sharada Peetham?
1. The Ashoka Chakra
2. Alaknanda River
3. Kalady and Adi Shankara
4. Subodh Gupta --- IPL Painting
5. La Martiniere, Lucknow
7. Sir C.V.Raman
8. RGV ki Aag
9. M.Karunanidhi and Gautam Vasudev Menon
10. Amrita Shergill
11. Andaman and Nicobar Islands
12. Indian Railways
14. Gulshan Grover
15. Hemis National Reserve , Snow Leopard
16. The Symbol for Rupee
17. Lok Satta
18. Ramar Petrol or herbal petrol
19. Bhiwani -- Vijender Singh, Akhil Kumar
21. Charlapally Central Jail
22. Jaipur Column, Edwin Lutyens
23. Maharaja of Patiala
24. Naseerudin Shah and Owais Shah
27. Mulk Raj Anand, The Untouchable
28. The Chak De Girls
29. She released the first published version of Tinkle.
30. Vindhu Dara singh, Winner of Big Boss 3 and son of Dara Singh
31. Pratibha Patil and Manmohan Singh
32. Shenai , Ustad Bismillah Khan
33. Minnisha Lamba
34. Rann of Kutch