For the questions from other specialization topics click here.
The Indian Freedom Movement (1857 - 1947)
1. This set of reforms prepared in 1918 was named after the Secretary of State for India during the latter parts of World War I and the Viceroy of India between 1916 and 1921. It also formed the basis for the Government of India act of 1919. Which set of reforms?
a. Montagu-Chelmsford Reforms
2. The Hunter Commision of Inquiry was ordered to convene by Secretary of State for India , Edwin Montagu in 1919. What was the reason for setting up the commission?
a. Inquire into the happenings of the Jallianwalla Bagh Massacre ( Amritsar Massacre)
3. This incident happened at a town near Gorakhpur on 4 February 1922 and was responsible for Mahatma Gandhi asking all Indians to end the Non-Cooperation movement. Which incident?
a. Chauri Chaura incident
4. In 1943, in which city was the Arzi Hukumat-e-Azad Hind , an Indian government in Exile established by Subhash Chandra Bose , with monetary, diplomatic, political and military assistance from the Japanese?
5. What name was given to the total strike and the subsequent Mutiny by the Indian sailors on board ship and shore establishments at Bombay , Karachi and Calcutta in February 1946?
a. Royal Indian Navy Mutiny ( or the Bombay Mutiny)
Saturday, July 31, 2010