World War II
1. The messages from which machine invented by German Engineer Arthur Scherbius , was decrypted by the allied codebreakers and allowed the hastening of the end of the European war?
2. What was the codename for the soviet Strategic offensive operation , which led to the encirclement of the German Sixth Army , the Third and Fourth Romanian Armies and a part of the German Fourth Panzer Army?
a. Operation Uranus
3. What was the name of the sniper ,who was awarded the title Hero of the Soviet Union and who was the subject of the 2001 movie -- Enemy at the Gates?
a. Vasily Zayetsev
4. On which mountain was the photo of the raising of the U.S flag taken by Joe Rosenthal during the battle of Iwo Jima?
a. Mount Suribachi
5. Which Japanese held territory did the Soviet Union invade in the days between the dropping of the two atomic bombs in Hiroshima and Nagasaki as had been agreed during the Yalta Conference?
a. Manchuria (Manchukuo)